Living Without Closure

I've spent most of my life searching for answers to questions. I like to feel like there is an answer for everything, but I've learned that this isn't always the case. Or maybe it is, but nobody will speak it out loud. Some answers die with the person the questions are about. Some questions never get asked, or at least not to the person to whom they apply. And honestly, there are some questions I may NOT really want to hear the answer to.

Recently, I posted to a group of amazing women the question of what closure means to them. I was happy to know that I was not alone in feeling like I needed closure on some things, but I also started to feel like maybe I need a lesson in "Letting Go". While the big things definitely should gain their respected closure, there are certainly a lot of little things that I need to just let go of. This being said, I still know in my heart that there are several things I will probably NEVER find closure for, and I have to learn to be okay with that. I wish I knew how to do that.

Lack of closure has affected my ability to move forward, in some aspects of my life, and I have come to a point in my life where I am ready to break past those barriers and truly move on. It's definitely a difficult process, and one that requires some serious work, but I know that I will get there, somehow. I just don't know when. Or how.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

powered by PRBbutton